1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6506 and very happy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Lithian, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Lithian

Lithian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a bit of a fiasco getting the set in the first place i received my nice big Philips 32PW6506.

First thing we do, well, actually i let it set up the channels, but second thing i do is put it onto bbc1 to check the geometry, using the graphics from the iraqwar/bbc news... hmm, lines straight all the way to the edge...

holy! pretty much perfect geometry :clap:

(i say pretty much as it is obviously impossible, but i cant see anything out of place and i consider myself pretty sensitive to these things)

Next up we fire on the Xbox via the RGB scart.

hmm, looks quite dark, but the colours are soo vibrant, this is the way it should be, not that overbright malarky.

I popped in Amped, whites are white, not grey or any darkness.

So...

I have found a tv with perfect geometry, no buzzing, no black bars, no dark rgb (i think) and no tilted picture.

:D

so what did i do to get this, well, i have to live with only 2 scarts, 50Hz and not really enough room to mount my centre speaker... a small price to pay.

2. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding the black bars, they're not always visible on my 6006 tv, as they only really show up in RGB mode on backgrounds of similar colour, like mist or sand for example.

Still, if you don't see them you're in luck, I'm glad you're chuffed with your tv :smashin: :D

3. joecool

joecool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i get the dark bars on my 32pw6006 too not all the time just as you say when the picture is misty etc.

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    :hiya:

I'll second this.

I got mine yesterday.

Very clear sharp RGB and pic.

It's only the 3rd TV out of 7 I've had in as many years that has got a completely clean screen image.They are very very hard to find.

:clap:

5. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Lithian.

Have you got any brightness and contrast issues,like flashing when it is set too high?

In other words,what levels are they set at?