65'' under 2000eur

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Citrix, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Citrix

Citrix
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am new to forum, but went through plenty of post about best possible tv to buy.

Looking for upgrade my 55" panasonic ET60 to more advanced tv this time.
    So basically i see that now almost all 65" are UHD, even my most contect is SD/1080i/ps4/HD rips/ will try netflix as well i think, but do nto know how it will go through 60-70Mbps wireless conection.

First what came in consideration was LG A7 oled ( totaly unbeatable price -830eur), but as it is only 55" in size, so it was no go, cause looking distance is 2.5m and definaltely we need bigger screen :).

After reading a lot of info i took 6 models in basket:

sony 65xe9005 (1580 eur, lacks of A1 extreme)
    sony 65xf9005 (1830eur)
    sony 65xe9305 (1960 eur)
    samung 65q7fn (2018 model 1800eur)
    LG oled 65b7 (1880 eur).
    LG IPS nano cel SK9500 (2018 model -1740 eur).

Every model has its own pro's but as tv will be in sunny room and sony has best upscalling and motion handling priorities went for 930xe 900xf or Q7n.
    930 was taken out cause price instead of going down, went up.
    q7n lacks of dolby vision and also being edge lit, so most i was expecting from was xf900.

So went to few shops to check in real life and was realy surprised, how dim sony 900f was.
    Even in highly lit shop it was so dim compared to q7 or LG br OLED.
    I even asked theguy on what preset it is and answer was that sony was on Vivid.
    What is more what i did not like is viewing angles, steping 1m to side(distance to tv was 2m), sony looked so washed out. So paying to that tv almost 2k was for sure no-go.

LG IPS nano cel also was nto so good as q7 and oled.
    So basicaly 2 option left:
    lg b7 for samsung q7fn, both are priced same <1900 eur.

I believe Oled is the way to go..(especially as guy in shop said that burn-in is covered in Europe 2 years waranty)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    I would not draw conclusion based on a shop. For example the Sony XF9005 is capable at getting a lot brighter than an OLED but its not really important at all apart from with HDR.

TV brightness is only a hot topic because of HDR, even the dimmest models now are bright enough for bright rooms.

Upscaling and motion is good on all TVs. Some people laud certain companies like Sony but I find motion and upscaling more than acceptable on all models. The issue with lower quality sources not looking good on UHD TVs is less to do with how well a TV upscales, but more to do with the fact that the TV is an UHD model. More pixels = more upscaling to do and generally UHD models, no matter how good or bad the upscaling look worse than FHD models with poorer quality content.

To me, based on your prices the LG OLED is clearly the best option. Some of the TVs on your list really are not in the same class.

3. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    OLED all the way, as prices are the same.

However, not sure burn-in is covered by any warranty. But it’s very unlikely all the same.

4. Citrix

Citrix
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for response guys.
    samsung and IPS LG were added cause those has much better viewing angle than sony(do not know why but samsung looked good from >30degrees), and angle is more important for me than black vs very black levels.

Related to 4k tv showing poor contect badly- totally agree, I have instaled 4K budget tv 49LGuj634V for parents and it look much worse than my 4 years old 55" panasonic ET60, even it is 5 inch bigger.

Then it's clear - going for OLED.

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    If viewing angles are important all the more reason to go OLED. Even TVs with IPS panels will have narrower viewing angles than OLED and TVs using VA panels will have awful viewing angles.