65" U8QF software updates?

LamboUK

Novice Member
Hi all,
I'd like a U8QF TV but I've been doing some research (mainly HDTVTEST on youtube) and it seems like the TV is great except the software and the upscaling.
has the TV had any updates that have fixed any of these problems??
thanks for any help
Steve

terminator6912

Have a look on here, there is now a firmware fix for the local dimming turning off on really dark scenes as reported by phil hintons review.

it needs translating but it says there is a firmware fix but i don't know when it will be available and what else it fixes, but a quick fix was to turn brightness to 51 to counteract it. I ordered the 55 inch from costco but cancelled the order as delivery was taking to long so will nip tomorrow and pick one up in the car. The hdr on this tv is meant to be awesome for the price and mine will be used for the xbox series x. Not bothered about hdmi 2.1 as still early days for that yet.

LamboUK

Novice Member
Thanks for the help. I’ll have a look at the review. Please let me know how you get on tomorrow after you’ve picked it up. Thanks

xscouse2020

Have a look on here, there is now a firmware fix for the local dimming turning off on really dark scenes as reported by phil hintons review.

it needs translating but it says there is a firmware fix but i don't know when it will be available and what else it fixes, but a quick fix was to turn brightness to 51 to counteract it. I ordered the 55 inch from costco but cancelled the order as delivery was taking to long so will nip tomorrow and pick one up in the car. The hdr on this tv is meant to be awesome for the price and mine will be used for the xbox series x. Not bothered about hdmi 2.1 as still early days for that yet.

hdr via netflix is awful imo, do you not find it ghosts?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom