65" U8Q vs U7Q vs KD65XH8196

nexted

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, so as you see I am on a very limited budget up to 1k£ as I do not really want to spend more and I actually think that 65" would fit my room perfectly. The thing is, I am struggling now which one should I choose as U8Q and U7Q seem both good, however, I like the interface + SmartTV on Sony slightly more(Android TV). So I am not sure is Hisense screen worth it to sacrifice better interface? And for smartTV I would simply buy android tv box. But if am choosing from these three, is Hisense screen really better than the XH8196. Or should be I even be looking into this: KD65XG8505. I am not sure whether there is a huge difference but it's in the same price range and as Android TV does not play huge role in my choice, it's mainly about better screen and preferably upscaling.

UPD: TV will be mostly used for watching TV content, things like Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, YouTube and thing that are not originally 4K

Kind regards

Last edited:
So I am not sure is Hisense screen worth it to sacrifice better interface?
That's up to you, I personally find Android one of the worst smart TV platforms. It has more app choice and features, but I wouldn't rate it above Hisense.

The Sony TV comparable to the Hisense U8Q is the XH9505, some people may prefer the XH9005 but its not really great for HDR use.

Which TV you buy depends on so many factors, but the U8Q is the cheapest path to get a TV that you can use HDR without any trouble.

You should consider before picking out specific TV models ask yourself about what your usage will be like, how much HDR you will use and the panel type of the TV you want for your preferences and viewing conditions.

For example, if you want to spend less and go for the Hisense U7Q or a Sony TV, you should consider that Sony's use IPS technology, while Hisense VA.

All should be covered in the opening post here: **New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

Get the U8Q is you sit directly in front it will be better than the Sony unless you want an IPS TV? with better angle

As my previous TV is Samsung 48" H6400 with VA panel I suppose it will stay the same. I do not feel any discomfort with an angle slightly greater than 35 so I think it should probably stay the same.

I have just realized that as for me Panel does not have much difference but I need a good upscaling as I will be watching lots of 720p and 1080p SDR content. So, is U8Q and U7Q good with upscaling or any Sony is better by itself?

UPD: I am thinking about giving up a few hundreds and get Sony 65" X900H.. I am not sure which will be better for my tasks, which is mainly upscaling. The main question is, whether Sony X900H is worth extra 300£ compared to U8Q

Last edited:
I have just realized that as for me Panel does not have much difference but I need a good upscaling as I will be watching lots of 720p and 1080p SDR content. So, is U8Q and U7Q good with upscaling or any Sony is better by itself?

UPD: I am thinking about giving up a few hundreds and get Sony 65" X900H.. I am not sure which will be better for my tasks, which is mainly upscaling. The main question is, whether Sony X900H is worth extra 300£ compared to U8Q
X900H doesn't afaik have as good HDR due to a lower peak brightness than the U8Q (someone could correct me) but the motion, upscaling, colour accuracy and other "fit & finish" of the Sony is waaay better so if those are really that important I would go for the Sony any day of the week for that l;ittle bit extra.

I think you need to consider the XH9505 for better upscaling as it has a dedicated picture processor. The XH9005 uses an integrated chipset and doesn't have a dedicated processor chip. Having said that though, the size of the TV you get will have a much larger part to play if you are still watching poorer quality material than the upscaling performance itself.

I'm not entirely sure how that pits it against the Hisense U8Q or U7Q but it may still have a small edge, if anything because Sony have been in the industry a bit longer, so have better expertise.

The Hisense TVs are more rough around the edges than the competition, but offer unparalleled specs for the price. You can't really get the best of both worlds without spending more money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom