Answered 65" TV Sony KD-65XF9005 or something else

michaelgordon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So i have another question up and got help from @Dodgexander but it was a very random thread as i didnt know where to start so ill make this more coherant (cant work out how to close it)

Im coming from a Hisense 55M7000 which is ok but not great at anything and was a stop gap after previous stopped working.

I narrowed it down to i want a 65 inch set
Really good motion handling
Great picture for normal TV/Streaming & UHD films
decent (dosent have to be great) HDR again from streaming & UHD
No gaming at all

Dodgeexander recommended upping my budget from the £1000 i had originally planned and after doing some workings out i can get to £1500 and i know the XF900 is still more than this but im hoping for a bank holiday deal.

Is this the best all round i could get or is there something else. In previous question i think i went too much for HDR and maybe should have concentrated on the overall picture.

In previous question i think i went too much for HDR and maybe should have concentrated on the overall picture.
There is a reason for this :)

Most of what you are paying for when you go above the mid range on TVs is HDR performance, there are very small gains elsewhere which make buying a more expensive TV worth it if you don't care so much about HDR.

So I'm in richer sounds and looking at the Sony and they also have the lg b7 oled for £200 more and I'm really torn what to do.

The Sony is a new model so it will drop in price over the course of its life. The LG is already fully discounted so represents the best value in my opinion.

I did a demo of the both and for motion and sports it was a lot better picture on the Sony. The b7 did seem to have a brighter picture but the overall picture on the Sony was in my opinion better so I'll be going with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom