65" TV Recommendation

franciso

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to make a purchase on a 65" TV but i'm a bit confused on the options available, and would really like some advice.

A bit of info on my use:
  • Tend to watch a lot of movies and TV
  • Casual gamer. Just recently bought an xBox Series X but not a pro gamer so don't really care about 1020Hz
  • I will be replacing a 10yr old LG TV
  • Budget is £900 max - the less the better :D

I've looked at the Hisense 65U8QFTUK but can't find any deals at the moment.

Any recommendation?

Take a look here:

Samsung Q80A.
U8Q is a 2020 model, if in the 2021 guide it would be above Q80A in picture quality, similar more to the Pro HDR models in the guide.

Take a look here:

Samsung Q80A.
U8Q is a 2020 model, if in the 2021 guide it would be above Q80A in picture quality, similar more to the Pro HDR models in the guide.
Does that mean the U8Q is a good model if in the Pro sector - as the Q80A is only in the Starter section?

Does that mean the U8Q is a good model if in the Pro sector - as the Q80A is only in the Starter section?
Yes. The U8Q's picture quality is up there with the pro TVs in this guide, in last year's guide it was a higher ranked TV.

U8Q has better local dimming and roughly twice the brightness of the Q80A which makes it a much better TV for modern usage of HDR content.

That's not to say the Samsung doesn't suit other people more though, it has better smart TV with more app choice and has a HDMI 2.1 port which some gamers like due to VRR and 120hz support.

Yes. The U8Q's picture quality is up there with the pro TVs in this guide, in last year's guide it was a higher ranked TV.

U8Q has better local dimming and roughly twice the brightness of the Q80A which makes it a much better TV for modern usage of HDR content.

That's not to say the Samsung doesn't suit other people more though, it has better smart TV with more app choice and has a HDMI 2.1 port which some gamers like due to VRR and 120hz support.
Thanks. I may stick with the U8Q as its within my budget.
I can only see 55" for Q80A, as the 65" is over my budget.

LG 65UP78006LB
65'', smart tv, 4k, good sound quality. Gifted such one to my father last year, he has such preferences as you do. We especially loved wathching rocket launches on it and other space vids and movies. Costs £870. Highly recommend it to you!

If you don't need wide viewing angles then that's not a great option.

It has an IPS panel which is poorer all around for picture quality than the VA panel that is in the recommended ones above. It's also nowhere near HDR capable having no FALD system and a backlight that's not bright enough to show HDR well.

Generally, LG LCD TVs are not recommended here. Their OLEDs are excellent but other manufacturers do far better with LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom