65" Tv for around £600

Ashton955

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a 65" TV and i have no idea what to get and with not being able to go instore and view making it even harder. if anyone could help it would be great :)

I have £600 to spend but will budge to £650ish if quality is vastly better
im coming from a 10+ year old toshiba so anything will be better than what i have now.

the TV will be wall mounted and i will be sitting straight on so viewing angles aren't that important.
I have a 4K firestick so UI is not important.
i have monitors for gaming but will be hooked up to the TV every now and then for relaxed gaming (120hz not needed)

Some TV's i have found:
LG 65" 65un73006la £579 - LG 65UN73006LA
LG 65" 65un74006lb £579 - LG 65UN74006LB 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa
LG 65" 65un85006la - £649 - LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa
Philips 65" 65PUS6814 £549 - Philips TPVision 65PUS6814 65 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD Ambilight LED Freeview 8718863019023 | eBay
Samsung 65" TU8500 £629 (with student discount) - Buy 2020 TU8500 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV, 65" | Samsung UK

edit:

Used for Netflix, amazon prime, youtube. no live TV all via 4k Fire stick
In a dark room used for Dark movie nights in the evening.
will have Edifier speakers
xbox one for now but will be updated to new xbox down the line but not used on tv often
i can tweak the TV
any help is appreciated :)

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Straight viewing angles means VA panel.

check out this guide and use it to find a couple of good options.

65” at £600/£650 isn’t a huge budget, so prob lower end tvs. Hisense 65U7Q could be a good shout.

oh and if you want decent customer service and warranty, buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds.

My opinion, none of them.

Particularly if you want to watch 4K content.

You say viewing angles aren't important but virtually all those TVs have IPS panels which are geared up for wide-angle viewing and in turn that gives an overall poorer quality picture.
You don't want to be buying off ebay as the warranty is short compared to Richer Sounds and john lewis which offer 5/6 years as standard.

You might want to consider, if using 4K sources, going down to a 55" to get a better quality TV.

Edit - posted the same time as pastrybloke19

thought id add the following:

Used for Netflix, amazon prime, youtube. no live TV all via 4k Fire stick
In a dark room used for Dark movie nights in the evening.
will have Edifier speakers
xbox one for now but will be updated to new xbox down the line but not used on tv often
i can tweak the TV

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom