Answered 65" TV comparison advice please

shaunpond

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, after excellent advice from this forum, I went to Richer Sounds to look at the LG OLED65B8S. The salesman showed me that model, and very good it looks too, but he also tempted me (as they do) with Lg OLED65C9PLA and Panasonic tx65gz950b. Their pictures did look nicer, but are they really better when you get them home (for example, the assistant was keen to show me all of the different picture settings possible on the Panasonic, and I'm not sure if I'd notice the difference?). Obviously the two other screens are more expensive, but I don't mind paying more to add a little future-proofing (I usually switch TVs about every 6 years). Help me Obi-wan...

Those TVs will only be marginally better, and definitely not worth the massive premium.

Thank you; some you don't think I'd really lose out by going for the cheaper option?

Those TVs will only be marginally better, and definitely not worth the massive premium.
I did also see the LG OLED65C8PLA - I thought that I could see a difference from the B8 picture; was that likely to be real, or just the way they had them configured in the shop?

The C8 has an improved processor over the B8 which may make a small difference with upscaling. If you notice colour banding on the B8 the C8 would also improve in this area but the B8 is more than enough and usually represents best value at £1000 right now.

If you can wait and do want a 2019 model instead, you can buy them later at a better time (such as a year from now) and they'll be closer in price to the 2018 models now.

Zep has already answered regarding the newer models compared, Richer will be keen to ship them at the higher price as they have only just been released and carry a big price premium.

The C8 has an improved processor over the B8 which may make a small difference with upscaling. If you notice colour banding on the B8 the C8 would also improve in this area but the B8 is more than enough and usually represents best value at £1000 right now.

If you can wait and do want a 2019 model instead, you can buy them later at a better time (such as a year from now) and they'll be closer in price to the 2018 models now.

Zep has already answered regarding the newer models compared, Richer will be keen to ship them at the higher price as they have only just been released and carry a big price premium.
Thanks, I think the B8 does seem to be good value, but £1000 is the 55" price, surely? I can't the the 65" for less than £1500?

Thanks, I think the B8 does seem to be good value, but £1000 is the 55" price, surely? I can't the the 65" for less than £1500?

Yes, that’s the 55” price. I presume Dodge got confused.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom