65" tv choice $1200 range - I think I have it narrowed to 3 options?

leatherlips

Novice Member
I think I've narrowed down to 3 options and am looking for opinions from those who may have any experience with one or more of the three options: 1. TCL 65R635 2. Hisense 65UHG 3. Samsung QN65Q80AAFXZA
I own and have owned samsung for years, but am looking for my best bet at or under 1200 price point. I'm steering away from OLED. No gaming, Movies/Cable TV only.
your thoughts ?

Dodgexander

Samsung have changed their lineup this year, TVs like the Q80A are now using IPS type panels which make for better viewing angles, but at the cost of contrast and blacks. Out of the TVs you're looking at I'd consider the Samsung only if you also want to view the TV off-axis, whereas the other two are better options for viewing directly in front. The Samsung may also have the edge displaying cable TV, but only if you are feeding the TV 1080p/720p via an external tuner. If you have a 4k tuner box, it instead will handle upscaling.

For movies hands down the Hisense U8G is the best option, the lower tier U7G is about on par with the 2019 TCL 6 series (R635). Q80A, U8G and U7G are 2021 models so are priced expensive this time of year, probably want to hold out for holiday sales if you want to go for a 2021 model.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member

That's if it is the U8G Hisense.

You can change it for other TV models.

The Samsung comes nowhere between those 2 and the Hisense (we can't get it here, we get a crippled version) seems to be the best buy TV in the US.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom