Question 65" Samsing or 65" Panasonic

mivec

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Sony 65X8509 is finally going back due to Sony's inability to cure the lip sync lag and other issues so I now need to replace it. I was going for the Panasonic 65CX802 but now I see that Samsung have a HDR firmware upgrade for the 65JU7000. Which one should I go for or are there any other flat screens in the frame?

The Samsung update is only for streaming HDR content over services like Netflix. The Panasonic on the other hand has HDMI 2.0a, so can receive HDR through sky Q, 4K bluray (when it comes out) and streaming as well. The Panasonic is also THX certified whilst the Samsung is not.

Hi and thanks for this, I had not realised the Samsung HDR was streaming only. As regards the Panasonic my friend has one and it suffers from motion blur so I am going to wait a while for new models.

The 802 doesn't suffer from motion blur, the one you looked at probably had the "intelligent frame creation" set to Max, which causes some blur. Turn that down to minimum and you won't see any. The 802 was rated as the best LED tv of 2015 whilst the new panasonics are drastically expensive for marginal improvement. The settings just need tweeking as they do with all tv's.

Edit.
I've just remembered that Currys sell something called a Picture Perfecf - it's a calibration tool that will help calibrate your specific tv based on the environment it's in. Every tv is set to shop mode when it comes out the factory which is not suitable for home environment. The picture perfect makes a huuuuuge difference.

Thanks again, looks like its the Panasonic then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom