65'' q60t for 700 euro?

changxiangzhong

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I live in Norway. Now my TV is LG 49LH510V. Now there an offer for Samsung 65 inch Q60T for ~700 euro. My use cases are as following
  1. Netflix 4K or Netflix non 4K
  2. Surf on the Internet with a PC/Youtube
  3. Game a little bit, 4 hours per week maximum
I have two kids (4 & 2 years old), so actually I don't have too much spare time to enjoy netflix or etcs. So I don't plan to spend a fortune for an high end TV, they are just too expesive.
  1. Sony XH900 costs around 1100 euro
  2. Samsung Q80T costs around 1300 euro
  3. Sony XH950 costs around 1300 euro
  4. Sony A8H costs around 1500 euro
  5. LG CX costs arround 1600 euro

I know Q60T is notorious - It's been advocated against in both avforums and reddit. But for me the price sounds very attractive. What do you guys think? And can I anticipate any image quality improvement over my existing 49LH510V?

Thanks in advance.
============== Updated #1 ===================
Found the specs for LH510 released in 2016. My expectation is the Q60T is substantially better than this one.
  1. IPS 1080P
  2. W-LED panel
  3. No HDR, No DB Vision

Last edited:
  1. Netflix 4K or Netflix non 4K
When it comes to this one, I can barely spot a difference. Nevertheless, it definitely depends on what you are watching and what kind of effects were used. I compared these with a few TVs and this definitely would not be a factor for me to consider while buying a TV.

Last edited:
When it comes to this one, I can barely spot a difference. Nevertheless, it definitely depends on what are you watching and what kind of effects were used. I compared these with few TVs and this definitely would not be a factor for me to consider while buying a TV.
Absolutely, I don't have too much 4K HDR resources other than Netflix and Youtube. I know OLED is amazing, FALD is also attractive, but for my use cases, it's just overkill.

My current TV is a pretty crappy TV (1st TV before graduation), So how is this q60t comparing to my 49LH510V? It was around 300 euro on black Friday 4+ years ago.

The Q60T is a bit of a deceiving product, its not really any better than Samsung cheaper models. You may be okay with it though if you're using SDR.

For something a bit more premium, and with better motion you may want to consider stepping up to the Q70T or Sony XH9005 instead.

Otherwise I'd consider how much you can get other low range TVs from rather than only the Q60T.

If you want some future proofing you'll want to spend more money, since its not until TVs like the Sony XH9505 that HDR shines with Netflix 4k.

Also worth noting the difference in panel types. Your old TV uses an IPS panel, whilst the TVs you are considering use VA.

Of course, once you step up to OLEDs in your list you get a massive boost in picture quality. Its questionable though whether its worth the extra though if you aren't going to use the TV often for the latest and greatest quality content.

Well Norwegian TV market is pretty sick. The lowest 65 inch TV are around 600 euro
1. Lg Nano 79 - 600
2. Samsung ue65tu7175 - 600
3. Philips 65pus7855 - 600
LG and hisense are sheer overpriced crap here.
So it's hard to say 700 Eu q60t is overpriced

100 difference compared to the TU series you get more HDMI ports, better picture processing and a wide colour gamut. The latter isn't really a great addition, but you may want to pay 100 for the others.

100 difference compared to the TU series you get more HDMI ports, better picture processing and a wide colour gamut. The latter isn't really a great addition, but you may want to pay 100 for the others.
Actually both q60t and tu has 3 HDMI ports

Last edited:
At the end, I have purchased a 65" q60t for 7k Norwegian krone. The video sources are
1. Nvidia shield - sdr
2. Gaming PC with 980 ti - sdr
3. Media server PC with Intel uhd 620 - sdr
4. Native app Netflix in tizen - hdr
We are pretty happy about the result. It was way larger than our previous TV - 65 vs 49. And the image quality is way better than lg lh510v.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom