65" Panasonic 3D or Samsung 3D

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Disco DeeJay, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Disco DeeJay

Disco DeeJay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently in the process of kitting out a Home Cinema Room and had pretty much decided to go with a Samsung UE65ES8000, but appears that most people on here would recommend the Panasonic TXP65VT50 over the Samsung.

Personal Pros and Cons:

I tried to have a look at both today, but couldn't find them both on display in the same shop. However, seeing them separately, I reckon the Panasonic has a better quality picture, but I prefer the 3D effects of the Samsung. Though obviously both could be down to the demo discs used.

Being a Plasma, the Panasonic should give a better viewing axis than the LED Samsung, but since I will only have 3 viewing seats and the 2 widest will be only 5ft off centre axis, will this be a problem?

I have also been told that the Panasonic will give much better SD images than the Samsung.

The Panasonic weighs 43kg, compared to 25kg for the Samsung and will be wall mounted on a stud wall.

Samsung has the added gimic of Motion Controlled Angry Birds, which impresses my 10 y/o daughter and built in Skype, which my wife can use to contact her sister in Cyprus.

However, there is a huge thread on here which covers HDMI issues between the Samsung and Yamaha amps.

Since I was planning to get a Yamaha RX-V673, that could be a huge problem.

For what it's worth, I was also looking at a Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blu-Ray, Sky+ 2TB and Monitor Audio Mass 7.1 speakers.

If anyone has any comments on my above observations, they would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I went for the Samsung and have been really dissapointed with it having moved from a plasma.

3. mojogoes

mojogoes
    Remembered (1961-2016)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    Hi what have you found disapointed about the samsung:rolleyes:.....as i'm impressed with the LG 50pm680t but would have loved to have bought the 60" version

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013