65 oled to 75 led. Help.

Alfa 1971

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Currently have a 65 B8 oled, it's fantastic but want to go 75,cant afford a 77 oled, was thinking Sony 75 9005 full array. Will I be OK with it or will it totally disappoint me being used to oled....

I am not sure that the XH9005 would really be much of an upgrade to be honest (in terms of image it will likely be a downgrade). The cheapest LED that gets you towards 'proper' HDR implementation is the XH9505 I believe. I am not saying the XH9005 is a bad TV though and it is well reviewed. You would be gaining 10" in size yes, but you would be loosing out in terms of HDR and black levels in my opinion. What is your usage going to be because that will matter?

Possibly a good option would be the 85" XH9505. It is 3k at the moment but if you keep tabs on it then it will certainly drop a in the spring/summer. You could go for the 75 XH9505 (think its about £2300 at the moment) but while you would be gaining 10" in size over the B8 you would be trading that off against blooming on the LCD.

You're looking at the XH9505 or Samsung Q90T really to get as close to OLED as you can, and even then there are compromises. Benefits in one or two areas too though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom