65" OLED sub £1500

Marcus20VT

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm upgrading from a curved Hisense 55 LED which radomly developed a thick black line on screen, and I've narrowed down my choice after eading the excellent Dodgexander reviews to the following: (all priced at Currys for ease)

Panasonic TX-65JZ1000B - £1199
Philips 65OLED806/12 - £1249
LG OLED65C14LB - £1349

The room is quite bright often with direct light onto the screen from the window. Viewing distance is about 8 foot, and I would like to wall mount this time.
I have a sonos Beam soundbar, and watch mainly freeview, netflix and stuff from firestick (No Gaming).

Which model would be best, or is it much of a muchness? Or, is there something I have missed?

Thanks.

All TVs in your list are very good…I recommend the pana however and you have £100 back from JL lately…
You don’t game much like me and I also use fire stick…
Pana is top if you like natural accurate colors and a cinematic approach…
I will recommend lg if you are a gamer
Note: I have a 55 pana Oled fz800 and price of this pana 65 is so low that I shamefully wished my tv breaks :))))) no comment

I picked up a 65” Sony A80J from richer sounds today for £1399 - it’s absolutely belting. Watched the first half hour of a new hope on Disney+ and was blown away. I believe they have a single one left across all their stores at that price.

My last experience with Philips dates back to the CRT days, so I couldn’t really comment on their OLEDs.

I have however had Panasonic and LG OLED’s and either will suit you fine, Panny edges it for me as I prefer their more unobtrusive and relaxed ASBL over the LG, but all being said they’re pretty close. Ultimately I’ve moved onto LG as I do game on PS5 and Series X, and LG ticks all the boxes in the gaming category.

You mention a budget of £1500 and that your room is bright, with this in mind I’d recommend the Panasonic JZ1500, this is the model with the heatsink and it’s been as low as £1500 in the last few weeks for the 65 inch.

You mention you’d like to wallmount too, you can do this with any OLED, but if you go for the LG OLED G1 you will get a TV that sits flush to the wall. This is the option I personally went for - I figured the 2021 G1 would be close enough to the Evo panel 2022 C2, just with the G1 having the flushmount design at a far cheaper price than the 2022 models.

So the Panasonic JZ1500 if you can find it at your price point - that’s a good all rounder, unless you want to go down the 2022 QD OLED rabbit hole, I think that the JZ1500 is otherwise the best TV on the market, period. It’ll be decent for gaming too, but if you want a few extra gaming options it’s probably wiser to look at the LG C1/G1.

Last edited:
After buying a Panasonic, I'd say go with that - frankly, most people buy the TV based on overall recommendations but ultimately I think you should buy on either price or picture. I do not care for the sound (have an AV setup), or the UI (they're all rubbish) or whatever. I stuck a roku on the back of mine and so its a glorified monitor. As you'll do the same with the firestick, it really doesn't matter what extras the manufacturer has slapped on.

So nothing matters except the picture, or price... given that, can I point out a 77" LG A1 for £1489. From Box, so a reputable retailer. Last year's model but they are still roughly the same OLED loveliness.

Thanks all for your help - on advice I have ordered the JZ1500 from John Lewis (£1499) and it's arriving monday.
I think the 77 would instigate divorce proceedings !!! :)

I've noticed the price of the LG OLED65C14LB has increased from c£1349 to £1599 in the past week! What gives?!
JL, Curry's, everywhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom