Question 65 OLED or QLED recommendations?

mojo1965

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all have been a regular on here for a while but need some help today , with black friday coming up and looking to update my 10 year old top of the range
panasonic plasma , am looking at 65 inch tvs my old panny is a 46 inch and these are the sets i am looking at with a budget of £2200 am sitting 8ft away and the room only has one window so not to worried about day light viewing.

Samsung Q90 OR Q85 with free soundbar at richer sounds
LG B9 OR C9 OLED
Panasonic TX-65GZ950B OLED
Sony Bravia KD65AG8 OLED

Viewing habits are as follows

Sky Q hd and sd viewing, football,movies and some iptv from a zgemma h2s
Gaming ( 2 kids) mainly xbox one S 3/4 hours a day but longer on weekends grrrrrr (worried concerning image ret or burn in )
Some netflix HD (Will be getting the uhd plan)

So if anyone can give me some excellent advice on the best av forum out there it would be much appreciated

many thanks
Moj

OLED Burn In Risk should help you with burn in. If the games that are being played are containing static elements and there will be 3/4 hours every day at least, that certainly puts you at risk.

Cheaper TVs like the Sony XF9005, Samsung Q70R or even Sony XG9505 could be considered too. If you don't need fantastic HDR picture quality you'll be happy with a cheaper TV which will display SDR just as well as TVs like the Q85R or Q90R.

Worth waiting for Black Friday now, chances are if Richer have offers like free sound bars its prepping them for a discount come the day.

Thanks dodge excellent advice as always,yes i see richer have started there discounts already and will defo have a look at the tvs you have mentioned,yes the burn in/image ret has been a worry so will defo go down the LCD route as dont wanna spend money on a tv which with my 2 would be knackered in a few months lol. once again thanks dodge

Hi all just an update ,finally bought the Samsung 65Q85 with free Q60 soundbar for £1799 from Richer sounds then saw it on another site online 4 days later at £1499 with soundbar , i toke a screenshot of that offer sent it to the pricebeat dept at Richer sounds and they today refunded me £320 , So £1479 for 65 Q85 and free soundbar , gotta say Richer sounds were excellent as always.:):clap:

Hi all just an update ,finally bought the Samsung 65Q85 with free Q60 soundbar for £1799 from Richer sounds then saw it on another site online 4 days later at £1499 with soundbar , i toke a screenshot of that offer sent it to the pricebeat dept at Richer sounds and they today refunded me £320 , So £1479 for 65 Q85 and free soundbar , gotta say Richer sounds were excellent as always.:):clap:
Congratz! Well done for not being ripped off ;) Enjoy the TV.

Any thoughts on it?

Hi Dodge thanks yes i have been watching the prices like a hawk and am pleased with the way it has worked out:);) Just waiting for my new Sanus VLF728 bracket to arrive ,so will come back and give a little update on the PQ and whether it was worth the wonga ,cheers for your help much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Emailed richer sounds in liverpool about that deal you got, they wouldn't match it. It was samsung providing the soundbars and that's finished now :(

Will hold off for now.

Now thats a bummer :mad: yes i think the deal run out on the 26th ,i did take the chance that they would pricebeat the £1799 waas sat at the comp on pricespy for days waiting for that price to drop some where else and its was another member on here that said they had seen it for £1499+soundbar which was at Simply Electrics , i jumped at that screenshoted it and worked out well and same day won £900 on the lottery so someone was looking down on me lol 🙏 Hope you can find what you want at a good price and i know dodgexander says the best time now to buy is probs april/may when the new sets come out and they discount the older sets ,good hunting anyways and will be back with a quick review once its up on wall and all linked up👍 good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom