• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question 65" mostly for Xbox, Youtube, Netflix etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 825435
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 825435

Good afternoon,

We would like to upgrade from our existing 2011 Sony KDL-46NX703 to at least a 65" as the kids do a lot of multiplayer/split screen games from our Xbox S.

Other uses would be YouTube and Netflix... we would not be connecting it to regular TV services. As YT & Netflix can be used via the Xbox the interface is not critical, but it would be nice to not have to fire up the Xbox.

I have been looking at the TCL 65DP648 and Hisense 65U7A, but would it worth spending more on higher marque?

Here is another consideration: our main TV packed up last week, and I bought a Samsung QE65Q9FN from the Samsung Shop via my employee scheme (~20% discount)... Samsung messed up as the item was not in stock, so they have canceled the order and given me a 30% discount +£50 to use against a new order.

Hopefully the QE65Q9FN will come back in stock, and the price will drop as well.

As I can use the discount voucher against a single transaction, would it be worth going for the 7100, 7400 or even 8000 at the same time (or if the prices drop even more, maybe the Q6F?).

And one final thought... whilst searching around today I came across a suggestion that Sumsung are going to run a promotion getting a free S9 phone when you buy a QLED TV from the 13th Feb. That suggests that the price is not going to drop, but I hope I could use it conjunction with my discount voucher?

D

Deleted member 825435

I should clarify, the TVs are in separate rooms... the one for the xbox is in a playroom/guest room, with the user/viewer being directly in front ~2.5m away.

I have been considering the upgrade for some time, but the failure of the main TV has now given me the “opportunity” to do both at once.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Q6 not worth premium over the NU8000. For gaming the NU8000 (above 49”) is a good option as it allows for vrr with the xBox and motion interpolation for improved gameplay.

Q9 is stunning and should drop in price again in next few weeks.

Analysis

Banned
For your needs the 65" NU8000 is a good option due to the reasons Zep has said when it comes to Xbox compatibility, due to the Samsung / Microsoft partnership.

U7A is another option to consider.

Prices will go down in the next month or two:

General Buying Tips

Analysis

Banned
I came across a suggestion that Sumsung are going to run a promotion getting a free S9 phone when you buy a QLED TV from the 13th Feb.

I would be careful with these kind of promotions as in reality the S9 price is built in any deal you take out and you could end up paying far more than just buying the tv on it's own, then if it's on finance with interest added on top, also if it's on finance if anything goes wrong with it it's a nightmare when it comes to returning it back, let's just say I know this from experience, it's not a road you want to go down.

Samsung have done something similar with Microsoft with the One X being thrown in with a Q9FN in the U.S.

D

Deleted member 825435

Thanks for the responses!

I think the NU8000 is what I would prefer to get, but now I need to persuade myself why I shouldn’t go for the 75”.

I agree about the S9 bundle as I would much prefer to get just a lower price on the TV, but doubt if they will reduce it during the promotion?

I see that the Q9FN is now back in stock on the Samsung shop... on Tuesday their “Customer Service” people were adamant that they were not going to get stock during February.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom