65 inch TV recommendations for best value - £2000 and under

DeludedDJ

Novice Member
I'm currently looking to buy my first TV, and have around £2000 max that I can spend on it.

I will sit around 9 feet from the TV itself, so am looking to get a 65 inch. I will be watching Youtube, Netflix, and streaming Twitch the majority of the time (90%), and will occasionally stream content from my laptop on it as well (10%). The TV will be in a semi-well lit room with windows on two sides, one being a large balcony window that gets a lot of sun (whenever the sun is out), but the majority of my watching will be during the evening and night. I also do not particularly care about the sound quality of the TV as the audio will be run through a Denon AVR-X1600H and a 2.1 speaker setup.

The TVs I am currently looking at are the Samsung QN90A and the LG C1. I'm aware that they are both well within my budget, but figured it would be best to wait until closer to Black Friday before I pull the trigger, seeing as we're so close to it anyway. Which of these two would you recommend for my use case?
I am open to other recommendations in case you think there are other TVs that are better value / better in general. The C1 is currently priced at £1,699 and the QN90A at £1,599 where I am (London).

I'm also curious to know whether there are any TVs that are better value for money for under £1500 in comparison to the above options. Aware that the price difference may drop more closer to BF, but in my own research it seems like there are few options for quality TVs around now.

Thanks for the help!

jas111

If you can access Samsung Portals you can get the QN94 65" for the £1k mark!! Don't think you will find better for the money

big boss

Get the biggest TV you can afford and accommodate. I'm sat 8 feet from my 75-inch Sony 75KD9005H. You won't regret going bigger.

Dodgexander

I would be cautious about going for an OLED if you use twitch, since many of the graphics are static, and stay that may for long periods of time.

Be wary of different Samsung LCD TVs having certain panels at certain sizes. Sometimes its not even possible to know pre-purchase. Usually the QN9XA models are best where X designates the digit 1,2,3,4 or 5. The QN90A is actually a different TV and doesn't get as bright. For more info:

Other TVs to consider would perhaps be Sony's X95J, TCL C825 and perhaps even Philips new miniLED models.

DeludedDJ

Novice Member
If you can access Samsung Portals you can get the QN94 65" for the £1k mark!! Don't think you will find better for the money
Don't think I can get that access unfortunately, but I will keep that in mind!

Get the biggest TV you can afford and accommodate. I'm sat 8 feet from my 75-inch Sony 75KD9005H. You won't regret going bigger.
I think the max I can accommodate with my current setup is 65 inches to be honest, not much space to work with.
I would be cautious about going for an OLED if you use twitch, since many of the graphics are static, and stay that may for long periods of time.

Be wary of different Samsung LCD TVs having certain panels at certain sizes. Sometimes its not even possible to know pre-purchase. Usually the QN9XA models are best where X designates the digit 1,2,3,4 or 5. The QN90A is actually a different TV and doesn't get as bright. For more info:

Other TVs to consider would perhaps be Sony's X95J, TCL C825 and perhaps even Philips new miniLED models.
Thanks for the input, I did not know that at all about the Samsung TV model numbers at all. Makes a lot of sense looking at it now!

I thought about this in relation to Twitch, but I typically only watch Twitch in 1-2 hour spurts and switch to other content a lot. Would burn in still be as much of a risk if i keep switching content?

Dodgexander

I thought about this in relation to Twitch, but I typically only watch Twitch in 1-2 hour spurts and switch to other content a lot. Would burn in still be as much of a risk if i keep switching content?
The effect is cumulative, so what counts is how much you watch static elements in the TVs lifetime, rather than just single sessions. Regular usage of 2h a day each week could be just as bad as watching 10h straight.

DeludedDJ

Novice Member
The effect is cumulative, so what counts is how much you watch static elements in the TVs lifetime, rather than just single sessions. Regular usage of 2h a day each week could be just as bad as watching 10h straight.
That makes sense. Will keep that in mind.

Thanks for all the help!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom