Question 65' going round in circles..Help!

Leonslaptop

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been reading the forum for weeks and am going round in circles. So any help appreciated please.

In the market for a 65' TV

Viewing distance - 9 feet
Budget - £900-1k absolute max
Viewing - Football and streaming Netflix and Amazon etc
Running a 4k firecube for streaming
Normal natural light
Seating is directly front on to screen
I'm running a soundbar but may also upgrade this in time too.

I've looked at the Hisense U7QF and U8QF but now wondering if I really need a QLED?

Many thanks for any help.

Leon

TVs marketed QLED are just LCD TVs. They aren't a display technology in their own right like OLEDs.

The Hisense U8Q is the best TV you can purchase, and will suit streaming from Amazon and Netflix very well.

If however you prefer to have clearer motion when you watch football, consider waiting for the Sony XH9005 to come down in price, its presently only £100 over your budget. It won't be as good for streaming as it doesn't get as bright as the Hisense U8Q does in HDR content, however it has more users that are happy with its motion than the Hisense does.

Worth noting the Hisense has a little soundbar included, so sound will be a lot better than the Sony. Its not at the level of a budget separate soundbar, but it may also be something you can factor into your decision.

Thank you Dodge this is very helpful. I was looking at the Sony as well and I think the motion is really important for me watching football. I already have a soundbar which is capable and that can wait until further down the line. Appreciate your advice it's amazing how much headspace buying a TV can take up!

The Sony XH9005 shouldn't take that long to drop. In the US it already dropped beneath £1000 come black friday so I don't think its unreasonable to expect £1000 in the UK.

Of course I can never guarantee, but thats my prediction. If it doesn't happen on Black Friday, it should happen soonish.

Yeah buying a TV now gives you a headache, its awful.

Yeah buying a TV now gives you a headache, its awful.

First world problems huh, on the 65 inch models I am sticking with those 2 on my list. However if I was to compromise to 55 inch I see the Oled 754 from Philips has some good reviews. Would it be worth the size cut, and do you think the price may come down a little more for BF? Thank you for your help.

Models from Philips with 4 at the end are 2019 models so should already be at the end of their price cycle. If retailers still have old stock come Black Friday they may drop them a bit more to get rid of them though.

There's already been some decent discounts on OLEDs from 2020. But they are still over budget. TVs like the LG BX and Panasonic HZ980 will be the most likely to drop beneath 1k at 55".

Thanks Dodge, after researching thoroughly I'm down to 2. I have upped my budget slightly and could go for a 65' XH9005 or a 55' XH9505 so basically I'm down to quality v size. Is it worth the drop down in size at 9ft to get what seems to be the better set for HDR?

if sit directly in front get the bigger 65 900H.
but the 55 inch will have better viewing angles you can move your head around and the image not change on the better Sony.

if plan to get a ps5 or new xbox I would. if not the the 55 inch one.

Why not the Hisense U8Q at 65"? would be a good trade off between size and quality.
Otherwise its really up to you, the Sony XH9505 is the better HDR TV, but maybe you won't use HDR much?

Also worth considering viewing angles, but that has already been mentioned.

9ft is pretty far for a 55", but on the other hand poorer quality material won't look as bad on smaller TV.

All depends how you use the TV and how important HDR picture quality is to you.

Why not the Hisense U8Q at 65"? would be a good trade off between size and quality.
Otherwise its really up to you, the Sony XH9505 is the better HDR TV, but maybe you won't use HDR much?

Also worth considering viewing angles, but that has already been mentioned.

9ft is pretty far for a 55", but on the other hand poorer quality material won't look as bad on smaller TV.

All depends how you use the TV and how important HDR picture quality is to you.

Thanks Dodge, my concern with the U8Q is the motion handling for sport, unless anyone knows if a firmware update has sorted that?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom