Question 65" C7 Uniformity question

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by King Dazzar, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:44 PM.

Tags:
  1. King Dazzar

King Dazzar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMG_20190110_190331.jpg IMG_20190110_190418.jpg IMG_20190110_190519.jpg

Hi,

Hoping some of you can give me your views. Reference my pics.

Is it normal to see banding on solid colour slides? I have a 4 inch wide band with a noticeable edge of the band dead center on my 65" C7. If you look at still photos its noticeable on bright skies and shows itself as a dark & vertical, faint line dead center. You may also notice it in panning shots, usually in games, again with bright skies or scenes of a solid colour. Otherwise in normal content you wont notice it.

Just wondering if this is normal or not? I'm close to returning it for repair as I have a 5 year warranty with Currys store in the UK. Set is 18 months old and this issue has been there for a few months now. I'm concerned that with Currys less than stellar rep, they might deem it within tolerance anyway. So it would be good to get some thoughts from you all.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. fat jez

fat jez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +877
    you shouldn't be seeing banding on normal TV viewing. Definitely get onto Currys.

3. King Dazzar

King Dazzar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Kings119

Kings119

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I had that exact same issue after my c7 completed a manual pixel refresh (2000hrs). Currys replaced my panel.

5. King Dazzar

King Dazzar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great, that fills me with hope they will do something. Much appreciated. Hopefully they pick it up tomorrow.

EDIT: So have you ran a pixel refresh on your new panel? I wonder if its worth avoiding doing it, even if it means extending the 2000hrs in the service menu? Thanks again. Your post has filled me with hope that it gets resolved. :)

6. King Dazzar

King Dazzar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some good news. Weirdly today, the Currys website states that I am to contact the call center as there is a query about the repair. Expecting the worse, I was surprised to find apparently my screen has been replaced. Which is great. I'm now just trying to get delivery confirmation, as the customer services had no way of knowing. lol Anyway we are getting there. I've been watching a 24" monitor at the moment, so cant wait to get my 65" back.

I'll post an update as to screen uniformity on the replacement screen, once I get it back.