65-75” for around £800

Chriswalker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I’ve acquired a voucher through work for currys(I know not the best place to buy a TV but beggars can’t be choosers and all that lol).

My budget is around £800 and I was looking at either the LG 75UP81006LR or Samsung UE75AU7100KXXU.

What’s everyone’s options on those? I know they’re budget range so nothing special, would I be better off going 65” and getting a slightly higher model?

Will be mainly used to watch streaming services such as Netflix, Disney + etc along with Sports. Living room is light and will be sitting around 3.5-4m away from the screen.

Thank you to everyone whom replies in advance

Chris

Buying at a better time with the right deal you get close to affording a decent 65". that budget for a 55" would be worth going for, for HDR performance more than anything.

800 for a 75" is really, really pushing the limit and TVs at this price range will give you picture quality problems when using HDR from the built in apps. Neither of those TVs are really great. Spending the same right now on a 65" won't get you much better though, so its a matter of waiting for deals, and perhaps saving up a bit more for a quality 65".

Buying at a better time with the right deal you get close to affording a decent 65". that budget for a 55" would be worth going for, for HDR performance more than anything.

800 for a 75" is really, really pushing the limit and TVs at this price range will give you picture quality problems when using HDR from the built in apps. Neither of those TVs are really great. Spending the same right now on a 65" won't get you much better though, so its a matter of waiting for deals, and perhaps saving up a bit more for a quality 65".
Thanks for that mate! Appreciate it.

So if I could stretch a few hundred extra.. which 65” should I be looking at?

You don't really want to be going lower than TVs like the TCL C825, Samsung Q80A or Sony X90J. Philips Mini LED models may be okay too. LG, Panasonic & Hisense are out of the game from 2021 ranges.

Of course if you can pick up a 2020 model in the high tier section of my guide now, you'll get even better value probably.

Thanks for that mate! Appreciate it.

So if I could stretch a few hundred extra.. which 65” should I be looking at?
Very are doing the 65Q80A for £1099 with 10% credit back if you have an account with them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom