• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony, lg, Panasonic? 65"

• KD65XE8596BU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65UJ750V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey2445

Novice Member
Hi

I'm after a bit of advice as struggling to make my mind up between these three!

PANASONIC VIERA TX-65EX700B £1599

SONY BRAVIA KD65XE8596BU £1699

LG 65UJ750V £1649

I'm leaning towards the Sony because it's got the Motionflow XR (1000 Hz) but does it really matter? Does the LG / Panasonic hold up in comparison?

Happy / grateful for alternatives too, any 65" 4K options less than £1699.

Thanks,

Mikey

Last edited:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'm leaning towards the Sony because it's got the Motionflow XR (1000 Hz) but does it really matter?

The figure is completely made up marketing department fluff, but if you do turn on the motion improvement settings then Sony do tend to be one of the better choices. Not everyone like them, some people prefer to see films in all the blurriness the director intended.

Does the LG / Panasonic hold up in comparison?

LG haven't been making the greatest LCDs lately but I haven't seen any reviews of that particular model yet.

The Panasonic should be roughly comparable.

Happy / grateful for alternatives too, any 65" 4K options less than £1699.

If you're not restricted to Currys then there are still a few good deals on last year's models still around. The Philips PUS7601 at £1500 springs to mind, or save yourself some money and get last year's version of the next model up in the Panasonic range for £500 less than the EX700.

65PUS7601 | Philips | 65” | Smart | ao.com
Panasonic TX65DX750B 65" Smart Built in Wi-Fi UHD 2160P LED TV with Freeview in Silver

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom