• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

65" £1500 budget

AndrewL86

Novice Member
Sadly since my last post my budget has reduced I currently have a wall mounted 55" js9000 samsung curved tv and the one connect box has died so new tv time I do want an upgrade so am looking at a 65" there is a patio doors right of the tv into a south facing garden so lots of sunlight in the summer and as it's a kitchen lots of led floor level lighting so I'm guessing oled is not am option (it gets warm and the lighting isn't perfect) recommendations welcome

AndrewL86

Novice Member
Where the tv is

Attachments

• 15520677044871551699594381143726.jpg
    15520677044871551699594381143726.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 43

Dodgexander

Are you happy with the viewing angles on your current TV?
How much HDR are you going to be using and how important is HDR picture quality compared to everything else?

On limited info I would suggest the Samsung 65NU8000 as the goto option if you don't use much HDR and the Sony XF9005 if you do.

There are advantages to both, the Samsung is cheaper, has better smart TV and it has 2 more up to date UHD compatible HDMI ports whilst the Sony is the superior when it comes to motion processing and overall picture quality, especially with HDR.

In your shoes, I'd choose based on how much you care about HDR, if you don't you are better off saving the money and going for the NU8000.

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Alternative to the Sony if you want good hdr - Samsung Q8DN at Richer Sounds. £1999, voucher for £300 off that and a ‘free’ smartphone. Sell that on and you’ll probably get £300 for it. So c£1400.

And you’ll be used to the smart system.

AndrewL86

Novice Member
I only watch sky q, netflix and amazon video on the tv so don't think HDR is too important not much content through sky as far as I can see. With regards the viewing angels I'm happy with the current tv but don't think the curve is important there isn't many so think if would be silly to limit myself.

Dodgexander

You'll be fine with something like the Samsung NU8000 then, it won't be an improvement over your current TV, only larger.

If you wanted something that performs better with HDR but isn't breaking the bank then the XF9005 or Q8DN mentioned by zep would be a good choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom