Quantcast

65” Sony AG9 or 55” Pan GZ2000

rjames1701

Hi, just about to replace my pan 55vt60 and cannot decide between 65”ag9 or 55”gz2000. I have permission to go to 65 but don’t want to spend over £3k. I loved the look of the ag9 when it came out but there is always another TV around the corner to make the decision a little more difficult. it will be wall mounted but I will have to get a socket fitted as the GZ A/C cable is hardwired to the set which I am most annoyed about. I’ll mostly be watching films but not sure if I want “BIG” or “As the director intended it”.
Would you go big if you could?
Thanks

Smudger558

Big 55 to 65 is a massive difference and I would of thought in the real world there isn't a massive difference in the 2 TV's

thedoswells

I think if you can go with 65 then you should for the immersive experience. As long as you don’t sit really close.
once that decision is made then you can decide between a number of excellent models like the Sony, the LG c9, the panny gz950 and Philips.
or maybe a qled is that’s more suitable for your viewing.

rjames1701

I’ll be sitting far enough away to enjoy the 65 and I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I like watching films and in order to get that immersive feel then perhaps a 65 would be the way to go. The gz1500b was the one high on my list but I have to sort out a socket for power. why did Panasonic decide to hardwire the power? I have a vt60 and wanted to use existing kettle plug already hidden in cavity.

sparkybun

Can't you get an adapter to put on the Cable and then plug into the KEttle Plug? Just cut the 3 pin Plug off and wire in the Adapter.....they are available...online...

rjames1701

Can't you get an adapter to put on the Cable and then plug into the KEttle Plug? Just cut the 3 pin Plug off and wire in the Adapter.....they are available...online...
I thought that would invalidate the warranty but thanks for the link; I didn’t know that type of connection existed. God how I miss maplins.