65” replacing old Panasonic plasma tv

popaine

Standard Member
Hi, I need to replace my old 42” Panasonic plasma TV with a 65” Oled tv. My main use is HD cable content, some 4k movies, YouTube / Netflix and very few PS. To be honest I am undecided between the following :

1. LG C1 - €1799
2. Panasonic JZ1500 - €1899
3. Sony A80J - €2299

As a room I have quite a bright room especially in the morning/afternoon.

In regards to price, the best is the C1 but I am not a gamer at all. I want a tv that is suitable for everything without changing a lot of settings as this TV is going to be used also by my mother. Sony is my favorite as it has a very sharp picture and according to a lot of posts it is one of the best out of the box tv in terms of picture settings.

Thanks in advance

tvdavid

would be happy with any one hard choice maybe the Sony Just edge it.

dion 6

If it was me I'd go for the Panasonic it's got a customer panel with heat sink. The Sony is a second tier I would compare the Panasonic JZ1500 with the Sony X90K which is the top tier. Don't get me wrong the Sony A80J will be a great tv but not as bright as the Panasonic or the Sony X90K

popaine

Standard Member
Today, I went to check the Philips Oled 706 and the Oled 806. As a picture they are both very good and according to the sales rep. the difference between the 706 and 806 is the 3 sided ambilight versus 4 sided for the 806. As prices they are €1700 (706) and €1850 (806). What do you think about these tv in respect to the Lg C1 and Sony A80J.

Dodgexander

Today, I went to check the Philips Oled 706 and the Oled 806. As a picture they are both very good and according to the sales rep. the difference between the 706 and 806 is the 3 sided ambilight versus 4 sided for the 806. As prices they are €1700 (706) and €1850 (806). What do you think about these tv in respect to the Lg C1 and Sony A80J.
They are all in my guide here:

OLED706 is a tier down from the others, including the 806. Not sure the salesmen is correct saying only difference is amblight, but for SDR picture quality of the two TVs will be the same.

dion 6

I've had a look ar Richer Sounds, John Lewis, Currys ect and the Panasonic JZ1500 is out of stock looks like anybody who fancied one has missed the boat it went down to under £1500 for a 65in an absolute bargain

popaine

Standard Member
Guys, I decided to go for the Panasonic JZ1500. Just one question pls, for extra EUR350 should I go for the JZ2000 or save the money and buy the JZ1500. If I go for the JZ1500, later on I might buy the Sonos Arc & Sonos Sub.

popaine

Standard Member
According to some posts, the JZ2000 is brighter than the JZ1500 by around 10%. Is this brightness noticeable a lot and does it effect the picture quality?

dion 6

According to some posts, the JZ2000 is brighter than the JZ1500 by around 10%. Is this brightness noticeable a lot and does it effect the picture quality?
From the reviews on avforums pictures quality on the 2 tvs is identical the only difference is the speakers. Are you not getting confused with the JZ1000 which doesn't have the customer panel and heat sink

popaine

Standard Member
According to an Italian youtube channel there is a difference between the 2 tv's as from 45% to 100% greyscale. Obviously the difference is minimal but it is visible.

-

check min 14:36 onwards

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 08.35.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 08.35.21.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 10

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom