65” OLED to replace current TV….

cooey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure a similar question has been asked multiple times and I apologise in advance.

I have a Samsung 65” 4K TV that I am looking to upgrade to an OLED. I’d like to stick with the same size and have been eyeing up the LG C1. It’s mainly used for movies and gaming (have both the Xbox Series X and PS5).

Budget wise I would say around £1600 although with Black Friday soon I’m hoping to be able to get a decent deal but was wondering what the alternatives are to the LG.

Thank you :)

Sony A80J or LG G1 are the obvious ones. G1 has better sound built in and new EVO panel which gets brighter and is said to be more durable.

Sony A80J may also have this new panel type, but Sony's don't have features like HGIG, Dynamic Tone mapping and don't let you use motion settings in games like LGs do.

For a mixed system, LG is better, for video>gaming Sony has the edge.

Sony A80J or LG G1 are the obvious ones. G1 has better sound built in and new EVO panel which gets brighter and is said to be more durable.

Sony A80J may also have this new panel type, but Sony's don't have features like HGIG, Dynamic Tone mapping and don't let you use motion settings in games like LGs do.

For a mixed system, LG is better, for video>gaming Sony has the edge.

Thank you.

I’m not sure whether the G1 is going to be too much over budget (unless a good deal comes in for Black Friday).

Does the C1 not have the Evo panel?

Depends on the facility that made its panel, supposedly there are C1's with EVO panels, but those that do are still locked to a lower brightness. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing pre sale.

Thank you @Dodgexander

I’ll have to keep my eye on Black Friday deals to see what happens with the G1 and C1 then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom