64gb Ipad off ebay for £186... HELP!

scrumyum

Standard Member
Reaction score
Right,
I know you are all probably already thinking 'what a fool!' but i just purchased and Ipad from ebay for £186. They claim it is 64gb and have various other electronics for sale but currently no feedback. I have not paid yet as i wanted to get some proof from the seller that the ipad is genuine. So far they have been very shifty and will not give me a personal image of the ipad. I'm sure that i am asking the obvious, but it is probably a fake right, and i shouldn't pay up?
Thanks in advance
Scrum

If it doesnt feel right walk away.. I personally wouldnt buy anything from people with 0 feedback.

Don't pay it. You will get a bad star as a non paying bidder but better that than potentially losing your money.

Ask for collection address? Or if they won't give that, report them.

Certainly a fake or a scam. Or perhaps just stolen from someone.

Thanks guys, confirming my suspicions, will ask again for photos and an address. Glad i didn't pay right away!

I notice the 8-10 days delivery time. Thats pretty long for something alledgedly coming from Yorkshire. I suspect maybe it is coming from China.

Exactly, as they always say, if it looks too good to be true, it most likely is!

Exactly, as they always say, if it looks too good to be true, it most likely is!

Personally I would never buy anything as expensive as that on ebay. I would always use a proper UK retailer so there are no problems with warranty etc should it go wrong.

It's way to cheap the 16GB is still worth £250.

This is a 64GB. I think the old saying if it's too good to be true it probably is and as a seller you would not sell an item like that for that sort of price.

But they tend to get people bidding. Usually people with zero feedback get a lot less for an item it's always best to sell small things to build up a reputable feedback on eBay first.

So I its defo a scam too cheap.

I would definately stay away from this. The 0 customer feedback would do it for me.

stay away. He cant give you a negative rating but if he carries on being shifty you can just neg him :)

It is eligible for buyer protection but tbh i think i will just avoid the risk, i expect that if i went ahead i would be sent a fake 'android' tablet in an apple box! Thanks for the advice guys!

oh the wonders of being a ebay seller

I know what you mean. :( not being able to retaliate as a seller is one reason why I dont sell on ebay any more.

don't buy it, unless you collect cash

shaggy_x said:
stay away. He cant give you a negative rating but if he carries on being shifty you can just neg him :)

Yes but doesn't eBay give you a non-payer strike or something? (Provided the seller reports you)

Something of that value i would ONLY collect paying cash.
Do you not have anyone over that neck of the woods who can collect on your behalf?
I work mate at a different branch, a relative, even a member on here who you trust?

Seeing as though he has no feedback ask him to post first, it works on AVF.

If not, walk away.

I find it VERY strange that someones very FIRST sale would be an ipad. You usually test the water with cheap things first.
Having said that, i bought my 64gb iPad 1 a month or so ago for £300 off a new seller, and went to see it first and collected paying cash. There was no trouble at all.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom