64GB Card

Fuzzmundo

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know when these are due to be released in the UK?

Where is the best place to import one from and how much do they tend to cost?

I have one of the cards samtam has stated. Works fine! Generic packaging but to be honest they work just fine! Bit pricey and you just know in a month or 2 the price will probably come right down lol. I recommend but if you can wait a little longer you might get a better deal

I ordered from yes-asia. Just under £60 delivered using NEWTWITTER3 code for $3 off. From what I've read delivery will be slower with yes-asia, but more 'customs-friendly'. Will let you know when it arrives.

Yah, I wish they would come out here. They are pricy out here and imported.

I just ordered from yes-asia too, £59 with free standard delivery. They DO state that Sony products sent to the UK/Germany are NOT covered under their "we'll pay the tax" policy, but other folk on Hot UK Deals etc are saying they received theirs with no extra tax cost to pay. Guess it's your luck whether customs spot check your packet or not.

I imported from Japan, paid about £64 a few months ago and didn't get hit with customs.

I ordered from yes-asia. Just under £60 delivered using NEWTWITTER3 code for $3 off. From what I've read delivery will be slower with yes-asia, but more 'customs-friendly'. Will let you know when it arrives.
Arrived today. No customs issues (marked with value 6USD). 12 days from order with 2 weekends and 2 bank holidays in between. Pretty pleased with that.

Ironically it popped through the door just as I was deleting apps from my 32GB card in a desperate attempt to free up some memory!

Arrived today. No customs issues (marked with value 6USD). 12 days from order with 2 weekends and 2 bank holidays in between. Pretty pleased with that.

Ironically it popped through the door just as I was deleting apps from my 32GB card in a desperate attempt to free up some memory!
How much was it? They are going for over $100 here... hogwash!

How much was it? They are going for over $100 here... hogwash!
Similar price - a little under £60. But less than I paid for my 32GB in the UK, and less than Amazon are charging for the 32GB here even now. The 64GB hasn't even been released here yet.

Dang... I suppose that's not bad in the grand scheme. Although compared to regular standard microSD cards, the price is extortion.

I also ordered a 64GB from Yes Asia. With the NEWTWITTER3 code it was just over £59 inc delivery. Despatched on 14 Apr, arrived 28th Apr, no customs problems/charges. Came well protected in bubble wrap too. Very happy.

Yes-Asia are on topcashback so there's a couple of quid to be had there as well. With that mine cost about £57 and I cleared £44 after fees/postage with the sale of my 32GB card on eBay so a cheap and very worthwhile upgrade.

Don't see what the point is at this price. All of your PSN purchases are available to be redownloaded anyway. I never need more than 16GB for games at any given time.

I ordered one about 3 weeks ago from Nippon Yasan. All in was about £60 for a 64gb card. I used standard airmail and it was here within 4 days. No customs charges as item was marked as a gift with a value of £10.

Don't see what the point is at this price. All of your PSN purchases are available to be redownloaded anyway. I never need more than 16GB for games at any given time.

Not everyone has decent internet to be able to download a full game whenever they fancy playing it.

It's obviously horses for courses 'cos I don't see the point of juggling content and re-downloading a game every time you want to play it...and then you've got the hassle of recovering your save from the cloud. Too much hassle for me! :)

It's obviously horses for courses 'cos I don't see the point of juggling content and re-downloading a game every time you want to play it...and then you've got the hassle of recovering your save from the cloud. Too much hassle for me! :)
This. I have games on my card cuz I don't want to bother with transferring save files.

Are there any region issues with these cards?

I have seen a 64GB memory card on Play Asia for about £60, might import it so I can download Persona 4 Golden.

Are there any region issues with these cards?

I have seen a 64GB memory card on Play Asia for about £60, might import it so I can download Persona 4 Golden.
You don't need 64 gigs to download Persona 4 Golden...

lol, jk... they work just fine. The only issue is the expense.

You don't need 64 gigs to download Persona 4 Golden...

lol, jk... they work just fine. The only issue is the expense.

lol! :laugh: Yeah I don't need 64GB just for Persona 4, but the game is currently on sale on the EU PSN/SEN store (it's normally £35 but it's now £15) and my 32GB card ran out of space a long time ago (I've been deleting games on and off of it to save room). This just seemed like a good time to upgrade the card as I have a few games I would like to keep on the Vita.

Also if I have a lot of free space I might see if I can get Final Fantasy X too :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom