1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

64bit Compatibility issues?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miyazaki, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Hello everyone :thumbsup:

I am about to purchase myself an Acer Aspire 5024wlmi laptop. It has an AMD Turion processor, which is 64 bit.

I got myself a copy of Windows 64bit and am going to install it on there. I have found several drivers for all my components, so don't think that side of it will be an issue.

It comes with a wireless lan/ethernet card, will I be able to connect my laptop with a 64 bit operating system up to my wireless router, or will it not recognise it because of the differing operating systems?

I have no idea, and don't want to install windows x64 if it won't be compatible.

Many thanks for any help! :smashin:

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Games, you might have problems with the Wireless adaptor itself. There is very little, to no support for Wireless under 64bit at the moment. Connecting to the Network, if you can get drivers/support, should be no problem. It's the file system that prevented access in that past. Ie Win98 cannot see an NTFS system.

Have fun.