• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

6150 0n-board Gfx

lazysod

Hi ,just upgraded my motherboard to an Abit NF-M2 Nview in my new MCE build, but using the onboard 6150 Gfx it will not output 1360x768 it only sees my 32" LCD as an Anologue monitor and outputs 1280x768.When I use my old media centre with Gigabyte board and AGP 5200 the TV accepts 1360x768 and sees my LCD as A321 W Dsub
Is this a known problem with the 6150 onboard Gfx?
And will I resolve this if I use a PCIX Gfx card?

curzon35

Standard Member
Yes lazysod I have the same problem, although the quality is ok, i feel i could squeeze more out of my sony lcd asit it not quite the correct resolution and mine is a bit wishy washy so i will probably get a 7600 silent card
i'll let you know

D

Deleted member 39241

Are you sure it is not the drivers? I have the onboard 6150 graphics and noticed no difference in quality between that and my previous 6600gt card. I have noticed though that when upgrading nvidia drivers I lost the ability to select certain resolutions, I reverted back to 81.98 drivers and all is ok.

lazysod

It doesn`t matter which driver you use it just cant read the EDID info from the TV properly and so it says it is an Analogue monitor. Just ordered a 7300 silent PCIX card so I`ll see if this cures the problem
There`s no denying 1360x768 looks better than 1280x768

D

Deleted member 39241

But... even if it thinks it is an analogue monitor you should still be able to define custom resolutions within the nvidia driver settings.

lazysod

I can set all kinds of resolutions but the TV will only display max resolution of 1280x768 from the onboard 6150 .Run a 5200 on my old board and it sees the TV Properly. I thought it might be an Abit problem with the BIOS but people with other boards are reporting this as well and have upgraded to a PCIX graphics card to overcome the problem.. On the PC it reports it is running at 1360x768 but it just can`t read the EDID on the TV properly.

D

Deleted member 39241

And you have tried the 81.98 drivers with 'hide modes that monitor can't support' unticked?

lazysod

I have tried every driver since 74 series. This problem is documented in the LCD section with the Hyundai A321 EDID. When we first bought these TV`s they had been flashed with the wrong EDID so reported that they were 17" PC monitors which would not allow 1360x768 .We sent them off to be reflashed by Repairtech and they now report back as A321 W Dsub and allow the 1:1 pixel mapping with 6 pixels unused on the left which gives a superb picture,so we know it`s not the TV as it only happens with the 6150 on-board Graphics and reports the right resolution when I use my 5200 or 6600 cards. I even try 1920x1080I,the pc reports it is running this but the TV will only output 1280x768.

S

spaniard

Following on from this i have just installed a Leadtek 7600 card and guess what, I can get no higher than 1280x768, exactly the same as the on board 6150 on my Abit board with my Sony 40" LCD
The contrast is better though but I'm still not happy
Should I use the Leadtek drivers or the Nvidia ones
I'm confused and £70 lighter!!! so lazysod before you shell out perhaps we'd better resolve this one

lazysod

Hi habibm ,No haven`t tried it but then again we shouldn`t have to it works ok with other boards (and still does with my Gigabyte board) as it is a standard resolution. I have been in touch with ABIT who are very helpful and monitoring this thread so if anyone else has the same problem please post here

Hmm.., it should do that res, on the weekend hooked up a HP Laptop via HDMI to a Dell, it selected 1920*1080 as the resolution, but showed the name of the screen, in the settings I could select a resolution of 1360*768, which is pretty close to the native res of the screen 1366*768.., anyway it looked great especiallly the HD-DVD's...Graphics cad was Geforce 7600

lazysod

I have found the answer to the problem (at least with my Voun A321) the motherboard can`t read the EDID properly from the TV if I use my DVI to VGA cable. When I use my fully wired VGA to VGA it sees my A321W D-sub as the monitor instead of Anologue monitor and displays 1360x768 :clap:
Give it a try

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom