61" HD plasmas - OMG!

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Just come back from Game Developers Conference in San Jose, and saw a few of these. All I can say is wow!

One was a zenith 61" HD plasma running a powerbook through it. Very stable, very high res, very lovely.

The other I saw was an NEC plasmasync 61m(?). Running a demo of Nvidia's shader technology.

If I have a TV even half that capable attached to my Xbox2/ps3 in 5 years time, then I will be a very happy bunny indeed.

You can talk about it all you like, but when you see one really strutting its stuff its amazing.

MAW

Banned
Size isn't everything. Buns I thought your screen was already bigger than this? In 5 years in plasma I have sold 2 60" screens, I always suggest projection for this kind of image size. If it's daylight there are still viable solutions.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
it wasn't just the size (although that was very impressive) - it was the quality of the picture.

I assume they were both HD. They were the first time I've been truly blown away by a plasma (rather than just 'ooh, thats nice')

Especially on the Nvidia stand (the NEC plasmasync) - it must have been running a PC at 1366x768 or whatever, and a really high end graphics card. Looked absolutely stunning.

MAW

Banned
We use a Sanyo PLV-70 for games meetings, daylight projection etc. same res, less artefacts, more contrast, bolder colours. The big plasmas a bit deficient there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom