60PV250K Plasma TV with screen fault

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by AndreaD, Jul 4, 2015.

1. AndreaD

AndreaD
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have a 4 year old plasma tv with a screen fault can anyone help i have attached a foto

Attached Files:

2. fluxo

fluxo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    The name for that is "line bleed". This is a known characteristic of Panasonic plasmas, but if it has recently appeared or got worse, there might be some abnormal issue with your set contributing to its severity. It does look quite severe in your picture.

That is assuming that it is the line bleed you are referring to. There is something else going on in that picture, perhaps some magenta noise or IR. It would help a lot if you described carefully in words what you think is wrong with it. Otherwise, we can only draw our conclusions based on a photograph.

Thank you.

3. AndreaD

AndreaD
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It only comes up with that fault on certain screens if I am watching a film its fine no issues its only when there is lots of information on one screen say football results or something....is it curable or is it a new tv...

4. fluxo

fluxo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    You haven't actually said what you think the fault is yet. It is not completely obvious from your picture as there is more than one possibility and we are not mindreaders ;)

When you look at the screen, what (in words) are you seeing that you would hope not to see?

Thanks.