• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

60hz via HDMI?

Got a game today (Hitman blood money) but it is 60hz only :rolleyes: i am connected via HDMI and can't find the menu to change it (On 50hz right now) is the only way to play it is to connect the component cable and switch from HD to TV on the switch? or is it possible on HDMI.

Seems more trouble then it's worth. :D

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Shouldn't need to. I have played dozens of retail games which are 60hz only on my TV via HDMI, with no issue, but I get the 60hz issue with Arcade.

I don't think the game cares if it is a retail game. Although my TV does do 60hz the 360 keeps defaulting to 50hz even after changing it to 60hz in the menu using the composite/component/HDMI cable.

I only have to do it once don't i? once i use the component cable to set to 60hz then switch back to HDMI, and will it be fine without setting it back to 50hz? won't affect anything other then this one game

edit: used the other cable and set it to 60hz and then switched back to HDMI and all works well now :smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom