60HZ Over Composite

Macron

Banned
Just wondering if anyone is using 60HZ mode over composite?

On my 32" LG 32LC2DB HDTV 60HZ looks awful. All the lines shimmer and the colours don't look right, 50HZ looks fine.

I have tried using both composite inputs and the scart adapter, but all are the same.

Just wondered if this happens to anyone else.

Indiana Jones

I tried setting it to 480i but it looked horrible so going to leave it set to 576i until I get an RGB Scart Cable, hopefully that will improve things.

Macron

Banned
There's another issue which is hard to explain.

Whenever text changes on the screen it looks really fuzzy for a moment and then clears up.

Can anyone explain this?

Hoping it will go away when I finally track down a component cable.

finalfightguy

I'm using the Wii on a Toshiba 32wlt66 LCD with no obvious difference between 50 and 60hz using the <gag> composite cable. Componant in use by Xbox 360 so will be upgrading to the official RGB cable when available.

taylaw

Novice Member
I tried setting it to 480i but it looked horrible so going to leave it set to 576i until I get an RGB Scart Cable, hopefully that will improve things.
Don't get your hopes up, my Gamecube looks horrible at 60hz on my LCD even with an official RGB cable. 50hz is fine, as is 60hz on a CRT, but it's just something about LCD's and 60hz! DVD player looks fine at 480p and 480i though so I'm holding out for those component cables!

sweezely

Standard Member
480i looked like utter crap on my Samsung LE40R51B. 576i looks alright. PAL 60 on my original Xbox and Gamecube looked fine. I too am hoping for component to improve things.

Indiana Jones

Don't get your hopes up, my Gamecube looks horrible at 60hz on my LCD even with an official RGB cable. 50hz is fine, as is 60hz on a CRT, but it's just something about LCD's and 60hz! DVD player looks fine at 480p and 480i though so I'm holding out for those component cables!
I am not using an LCD, just a 32" CRT and my Gamecube through RGB Scart has always looked great on it in both 50hz and 60hz.

taylaw

Novice Member
I am not using an LCD, just a 32" CRT and my Gamecube through RGB Scart has always looked great on it in both 50hz and 60hz.

Sorry Dude, didn't realise you had a CRT. The 'cube used to look lovely on my CRT on both freq's until it died too...........

dllord

Novice Member
Yeah 60hz looks truly awful on my LCD

emcm0026

Novice Member
60hz looks a lot worse than the 50hz on my plasma, saying that still to try with the scart adaptor,
60hz effect is slight ghosting, fuzzy and colours look wrong

Indiana Jones

60hz looks a lot worse than the 50hz on my plasma, saying that still to try with the scart adaptor,
60hz effect is slight ghosting, fuzzy and colours look wrong
I dont think the scart adapter will add any quality, it will just provide the same composite signal through a scart socket.

emcm0026

Novice Member
thanks for that saves me pulling out the tv to get at the sockets, just need to wait on that preorder for the component to come sometime this year i hope

jamie-m

I'm also having the same issues with 60Hz over composite. Has anyone who has this issue managed to get hold of a component cable yet? really hoping that will sort it but just can't get hold of one myself yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom