606 + power dvd no trueHD

Lampshader

Novice Member
Hi,
I got a pc connected to a 606 via toslink only (using pc screen to view content) i just cant get dolby true hd to work. in power dvd it shows that the output is "dolby true hd 5.1" i et audio to the amp but not true hd. Im using a razer baracuda sound card. id realy appreciate any advice on solving this :lease:

stevelup

Distinguished Member
You can't send any of the HD audio formats over optical. You would need HDMI for that.

Steve

stevelup

Distinguished Member
That still wouldn't help you... Forget about optical / spdif / your old soundcard.

What you need is a video card that natively supports 8 channel LPCM.

This article would be a good one to read.

ps. This still won't light up the TrueHD lights on your amp, but you would be getting full TrueHD audio.

Steve

stevelup

Distinguished Member
You have a pretty decent sound card there. Have you considered just going straight into the 7.1 analogue in on your 606?

Lampshader

Novice Member
You have a pretty decent sound card there. Have you considered just going straight into the 7.1 analogue in on your 606?
i use the analogue output for my headphones which i need to keep pluged in this is my setup at the momet using the middle screen so all i really need for the moment is just the audio

i need to have the headphones and hd out so might look into a new sound card soon if thats the only option

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom