606 + power dvd no trueHD

Lampshader

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a pc connected to a 606 via toslink only (using pc screen to view content) i just cant get dolby true hd to work. in power dvd it shows that the output is "dolby true hd 5.1" i et audio to the amp but not true hd. Im using a razer baracuda sound card. id realy appreciate any advice on solving this :lease:

You can't send any of the HD audio formats over optical. You would need HDMI for that.

Steve

Hi

It's a new video card you need really, not a new soundcard!

Steve

That still wouldn't help you... Forget about optical / spdif / your old soundcard.

What you need is a video card that natively supports 8 channel LPCM.

This article would be a good one to read.

ps. This still won't light up the TrueHD lights on your amp, but you would be getting full TrueHD audio.

Steve

You have a pretty decent sound card there. Have you considered just going straight into the 7.1 analogue in on your 606?

You have a pretty decent sound card there. Have you considered just going straight into the 7.1 analogue in on your 606?

i use the analogue output for my headphones which i need to keep pluged in this is my setup at the momet using the middle screen so all i really need for the moment is just the audio

funky-2.jpg

i need to have the headphones and hd out so might look into a new sound card soon if thats the only option

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom