605 upconversion problems

PoisonJam

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My 42" plasma is cantilever stand-mounded meaning all the rear sockets TV are completely inaccessible. When I got my 605 I hoped it would solve all my cabling problems with its upconverting everything through 1 HDMI.

I have a PS2 with a component lead and a Sega Saturn with an S-Video cable and I'm having problems with both, but only through the 605. They worked fine previously connected directly to the TV.

PS2: Most games I've tried work but the ones I really want to play don't. They show the PS2 logo at first but then as the games loads they cut to a blank screen with audio only. It's a PAL console and all the games are PAL but the games that won't play are Disgaea, Phanton Brave and La Pucelle: Tactics - all made in Japan by Nipon Ichi (PAL versions).

Saturn: This doesn't really work at all through the 605. If I boot it with no game it I can see the menu slowly scrolling vertically, just like a TV might do with a SCART source if you haven't selected the input. It only briefly displays before going to a blank screen. Again, there's audio. With a game in it doesn't work at all. Plugging it directly into the front S-Video on the TV it works fine.

Does anyone know why the 605 might be having problems in either of these cases?

Anyone?

I had a similar thing happen to me when I tried to play a DVD through my xbox 360, the sound remained but no picture, what I did to rectify this was once I heard the sound from the DVD start to play I switched the amp off and then back on again, once I did this I had sound and picture.

Thanks, definitely worth a shot!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom