605 settings for 5.1 via Digi COAX

thelostprophet

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive got my PC hooked upto the Onkyo via Digital Coax. The input i use is CD when on the pc but when im playing pc games that can output 5.1 sound the amp doesnt seem to pick it up. If i change the listening mode i can get Neo but thats not actually decoding the 5.1 is it...? What setting would i have to set the amp to in order to get true 5.1

Ive tried Direct that doesnt seem to work....

Thanks!

So you have assigned the CD input to coax1? you need to check what sound format is assigned to the coax input, it could be set to use the last used format, make sure this is set to DD 5.1.

If i change it to DD 5.1 will that still allow for normal stereo playback? Im not currently home so cant check but would the CD input even allow me to select DD5.1?

If i change it to DD 5.1 will that still allow for normal stereo playback? Im not currently home so cant check but would the CD input even allow me to select DD5.1?

Go into "Listening Mode Preset" > CD> put Analog/PCM to Stereo & DD 5.1 to DD5.1 & this should give the desired results :)

Cheers paul! Will try it out tonight:thumbsup:

Hmmm that doesnt seem to work. Thing is i dont know what settings the PC needs to be on to send out a DD signal to the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom