• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

604 + dvr playback problem

nik_h

Standard Member
Hi,

I have set up my dvr to sky box then to my tv,when i record from sky to the 604 it plays fine but play back to my tv the picture quality on my tv is not the same as what i recorded,i thought the 604 could playback at dvd quality,i know that it can't make a picture better than it was but i would have thought that it would playback the same as what it recored instead it's a bit grainy.

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
It can play DVD quality from files you download or rip yourself, but it doesn't record DVD quality.

The recordings are limited to VGA quality (640x480). Not a lot less than DVD, but enough to notice the difference.

How are you connecting to the TV btw?

Hopefully not composite or that will not be helping either.

nik_h

Standard Member
im using the supplied leads,sky box to dvr station - dvr station to rgb scart input on my lcd,the 604 is set to rgb output

cheers

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
If you are using the supplied SCART to RCA adapter then you are indeed using a composite input which is the lowest quality you could be using .

If you just have a normal Sky box then there isn't much you can do, but if you have Sly+ or Sky HD then use the S-Video output instead.

nik_h

Standard Member
Yep it's just a standard sky box,but thanks for your help :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom