604 as TV Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by John Steel, Feb 5, 2009.

1. John Steel

John Steel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am trying to use my 604 in the DVR station connected to a sky box as a TV monitor it's the perfect size on my study desk. The sound is fine but the picture / screen keeps going to black. I think it's going into power save mode after 30 seconds. Is there a way to override the power save? Any help would be appricated.

Kind regards

John

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    You can change how long it stay 'awake' in the settings but you may find that the longest you can set is about 90 seconds.

Do check if your firmware is up to date as they did add a 'never' option to the 605 but not sure if that was done for the 604.

You will find that it gets quite hot on the DVR if you do manage to get it to stay on all the time so do make sure you don't leave it on the DVR 24/7 and give the battery a chance to drain and recharge occasionally if you want to keep battery life at a reasonable level.

3. John Steel

John Steel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark

Thanks for the information. I checked the firmware version on the Archos site and in doing this realised that there was a power save menu which already had a "never" option. Selected and bingo.

Thanks for the mention of battary protection which I understand

Kind regards

John