• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

60" SONY LED w/ 'burn in' (fixable?)

Sonytvowner

Novice Member
Posting says it all.

Burn in happened, and I need to know if there's anything on my end that I can do to make a effective repair.

I've tried the 'white screen' and 'black screen' methods, but neither method has been successful.

Please help.

image_zpsanwazp2k.jpeg

JohnyM

That to me looks like somethings gone wrong with the panel itself, maybe heat damage from an internal source or something like that. I know that LCD burn-in can happen but its super rare and I doubt that's the cause in this case (unless the marks resemble a menu or graphic from a game or similar) I've seen similar issues on here on older TV's where one or more of the diffuser layers have discolored with age. I very much doubt a white wash screen would remove that, I would imagine its a new panel job. Have you not approached your retailer yet regarding a repair?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom