First thoughts. 1. Panasonic still aren't in my good books for several reasons after owning 3 models. 2. Panasonic's last year still had DFC worse than Samsung, reading about green blobs(only read this a couple of times online) The band may annoy me. 3. OK so Ill look at the E6500, looks good for the money, last year had less DFC and better uniformity. This year less reported issues of IR, Slightly better motion? fantastic filter and lower lag. This set looks a bargain at 60" very good reviews with improved black levels and very good calibration results in our review. Problem is the blacks aren't as deep still(miss my V20 black level) there's more dithering than on the Panasonics, out the box results aren't that great compared to the VT50(to be expected as its top of range v mid) calibrated though very good with reference greyscale but still not a reference set. What do I want more, a bigger set? Or the best set 5" smaller? A classic conundrum. 4. Why go ST50 at 55" if I can afford a VT50? is it worth the extra? Hmm demos nearer the time needed I think. Though the VT50 has more calibration control so better result?. 65" is too big so 65"ST is out, so should that count out the ST as the 55" has no plus point over a 55" VT50, apart from price(another reason Im not going 65"). 5. Im thinking VT now but still concerned about the band and DFC, I think Im ruling out the E6500 as I won't be able to demo, 60" is very tempting but still the set has things Im not sure off and don't know if I want to risk the hassle of returning a 60" set. I have a Samsung now and its very good but after havingit some time now Im not sure I like the Samsung image. A lot of the time it looks amazing, especially for what I paid, though sometimes it can remind me of LCD and Im noticing more either over time and Im sure the black level has risen a couple of times(still cant measure this yet though). Do I want to risk Panasonic again though, its a tough one. 6. Im being drawn more and for to getting a VT50, this set needs to last a few years until OLED or maybe even an improved plasma. Looking at 5 years though so maybe getting the best I can now is worth doing, though not if it has issues tha'll bug me, also the Samsung has lower lag, I need to decide what's more important, gaming or films.... Think my days of fps online will be gone in a couple of years so I may regret making that an important part of my decision now. Welcome to my mind lol. I have a while before buying, months in fact, no need to panic yet. I just thought Id post this as I know there's others in the same or similar position. I will be calibrating whatever set I get and getting a pro cal done, I wont be getting a Lumi so that's out of the equation.