1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 series Panny ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RichardJ, May 29, 2003.

1. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    After many months reading these forums and demo'ing different screens, I'm finally decided on a panny plasma. With the 6 series due to be released shortly, I'm wondering if I should hold fire and wait a bit longer.

1) Does anyone know what the differences between the current 5 series and the forthcoming 6 series panasonic plasma's are ?

2) When is the PW6 released ?

3) What is the price likely to be ?

Cheers
    Richard

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,591
    Hello Richard

No official word yet from Panasonic UK on the release dates or specs for the 6 Series Plasma Display or (Integrated) PlasmaTV models.

I do know that there will NOT be a TH-37PWD6BX model - there will be a 37" Integrated PlasmaTV model with in built speakers, tuners etc

Anyone wanting a TH-37PWD5BX had better move fast as Panasonic are about to stop taking orders on this model.

Expect to see some changes in the input connectivity on the Plasma Display models and expect to see more divergence between the Plasma Display and the PlasmaTV models - I expect the Silver (Integrated) PlasmaTV models will have speakers, tuners etc as standard.

Best regards

Joe

4. Zor

Zor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More info here on the new 42" model in the USA due for an August release. Anybody heard anything else about what is happening on this side of the pond?