1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Series & Non Progressive DVD Player

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 1ofaKind, Feb 13, 2004.

1. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I was wondering does anyone here run a 6 Series Panasonic with a non progressive DVD player. If so how 'poor' is the picture quality and how do you have it connected. I am querying this as I have an old Pioneer with S-Video and Component but no progressive ability (its a USA player circa 1999/2000). Just want to see if I could get any use out of it or will I have to invest in a newer decent player e.g. Arcam 88+/868/Denon 2900 etc..

Regards

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I have just upgraded from a Sony 900 to a Sony 930 to get prog scan on my Panny 6.

TBH, the difference is not that great on most discs, but there is an improvement.

If your non-prog player is reasonably good, I would suggest trying it via component and seeing if you are happy with the result.

A lot of people on the forums are getting good results with cheaper (c£200) players on the Panny6, so you would not necessarily have to go as far as a 2900 if you did decide to upgrade.

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am using arcam dv88 non prog via component on my pw6, posted question about having arcam upgraded to prog scan general feeling was i would notice very little differance in pq and it was certainly not worth £350 for the upgeade

4. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've using an old Pioneer Dv-717 via RGB scart, picture is fab IMHO.