6 Series & Non Progressive DVD Player

1ofaKind

Novice Member
Hi,

I was wondering does anyone here run a 6 Series Panasonic with a non progressive DVD player. If so how 'poor' is the picture quality and how do you have it connected. I am querying this as I have an old Pioneer with S-Video and Component but no progressive ability (its a USA player circa 1999/2000). Just want to see if I could get any use out of it or will I have to invest in a newer decent player e.g. Arcam 88+/868/Denon 2900 etc..

Regards

daveb975

I have just upgraded from a Sony 900 to a Sony 930 to get prog scan on my Panny 6.

TBH, the difference is not that great on most discs, but there is an improvement.

If your non-prog player is reasonably good, I would suggest trying it via component and seeing if you are happy with the result.

A lot of people on the forums are getting good results with cheaper (c£200) players on the Panny6, so you would not necessarily have to go as far as a 2900 if you did decide to upgrade.

john R1

Banned
am using arcam dv88 non prog via component on my pw6, posted question about having arcam upgraded to prog scan general feeling was i would notice very little differance in pq and it was certainly not worth £350 for the upgeade

D

DucatiEVO

I've using an old Pioneer Dv-717 via RGB scart, picture is fab IMHO.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom