• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

6 Nations - HD?

hdsport

Unless there is a change from last two years...games from Twickenham, Murrayfield and the Millennium Stadium should definitely be in HD.

Oh and as an aside last year they even did the Scotland v England game in 3D!

Last edited:

jon_1234

Standard Member
As an England supporter, i am hoping they show it in the lowest definition possible ! Hopefully it'll all just be a blur !

welsh mussels

Does anyone know if any of the 6 Nations games will be shown in HD?
if like last year england wales scotland home games should be, still got england v wales game and wales v france on sky+hd box ,cant wait to see it all again,all we need now is a next gen rugby game for ps3 or xbxo360:)

huwg

Just a general 6 Nations post really, we don't have any other threads for this years comp so I thought I'd 'borrow' this one. :D....

I think it will be a very tight one this year, Wales are the Bookies favourites, but I think we'll really struggle up in Scotland in the first match. The Scots could (and should) have beaten South Africa in the AI's and should not be underestimated. :rolleyes: Wales also travel to Paris for a tricky match at a stupid time (Friday night!)

France have the players to win it but the coach will probably spend half of the matches experimenting.:nono:

Ireland are some peoples joint favourites and it really is time for them to follow the success of Munster.

England... hmmm it is difficult for me to form an opinion of them as many of the pundits seem to dismiss their chances, yet at the same time fill their Lions team with English players (Guscott has Jonny at 10 & Dallaglio has 8 English players (6 from his club Wasps) in his Lions 15). I expect England to be challenging for the trophy, but I suspect they will lose 2 matches.

My money would be on Wales :D, but I don't think there will be a Grand Slam. :rolleyes:

For the sake of the Lions, we need all the home nations to hit form.

Also, for the sake of the tournament, we need England to play well. Otherwise it will be another non-vintage year as far as the one eyed press are concerned...

A quote from an article in yesterday's Independent....

Last season's tournament was dire beyond all imagining. The highlight of the first round was Shaun Edwards' story concerning his mother and the power of prayer following the Welsh victory at Twickenham, while the best bit of the second round was the France-Ireland game in Paris, in which the teams managed one decent half of rugby each.
Standards have been slipping for a while now: not since England won the Grand Slam in 2003 with a mighty performance in Dublin has a major European rugby nation produced anything accomplished enough to make the southern hemisphere sit up and take notice.

Roughly translated...
"Rugby is only good when England are winning"

I'm sure the Scots and the Welsh made South Africa and Australia sit up and take notice last year.

And people wonder why the Celtic nations have an issue with the national newspapers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom