• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

6 Metre + Mains Leads?

HD Elvis

I am planning on putting a display around 6 or 7 metres from the nearest mains point. I have looked on Mark Grant's website and his Mains Leads only appear to go to around 3 metres. Are these cables restricted in length for a reason? I note HDMI cables can be bought in sizes which are much longer.

Paul_McG

Hi,

There is no real reason why you can't get a long mains lead. If you're struggling to find one the right length, why not buy a mains plug and an IEC plug (assuming your TV uses an IEC lead), and make one up yourself. You can buy 13 amp cable from electrical factors/maplin/DIY shops.

Some people will go on about 'purity' and 'noise', but as this is probably hanging of a ring main with a fridge, kettle, hoover, computer and lot's of other things, I don't think a 6m mains lead will add much ! :)

pannyfanny

Have you bought the Pioneer Elvis? I can't remember you mentioning it. Mind, I've been sloshed a few times since you were talking about it :D Did I say a few, I meant loads..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom