1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 channel Power Amp Advice

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Buckster, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Just a quick query really - I've a Pioneer 2011 which I think is absolutely superb - best sound steering I've heard - but sometimes find the amplification a bit lacking (quality wise - although all relative)

Would a Power Amp upgrade to something like a Rotel RB985 be worthwhile - or would I not really notice a difference unless I went for a higher model ? Its hard to judge how the Power amp stage of the Pioneer would compare to something like the 985

Thanks for any help

Mark.

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Rotel power amps are superior to the pioneer's, not only in 'real' power, but current delivery, construction, components, transformer, etc. etc. which will translate into better sound quality, stability etc etc. So in short, yes you will notice a difference

3. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Ta - thanks very much Skinnyfat - its just you see the 985s going reasonbly cheap now (250 odd) - so seems a worthwhile not too expensive upgrade

Mark.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Moving to processors and power amps.

5. spiver

spiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Try the Rotel RMB1066 if you acn afford to spend a bit more (around £400-£450 second hand or £600 new) and don`t be put off by the conservative 6x60W. Its a lovely amp. :smashin:
    If you are looking for something cheaper the older Rotels are very good value for money.