1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 channel or digital

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by braincapers, Jan 6, 2004.

1. braincapers

braincapers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive this newbie questions.

I've had a DVD-A Marantz player and a Yamaha AV (630?) for some time wired to my stereo speakers. I had digital and 2 channel analog connections.

I now have a lovely bunch of KEFs. Everything seems to work well through the digital connection. I've connected the 6 channel up as well but now I've done it I can't see any reason to use it over the digital. Is there any benefit with DVD-V or DVD-A or for that matter anything else?

Finally, I have also cabled my video to the AV can I now get surround/pro logic on TV & Video?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The five channel analogue outputs on your player are for reproducing DVDA which doesn't use the digital connection.

Most programmes on TV are broadcast in Dolby Pro Logic so connecting it all in together will reap sonic benefits.

I would be wary of connecting up the video connections to your amp as most people use a scart connector to connect the source directly to the TV for pictures as that way there is no degredation of the signal and the highest quality (RGB from a digibox) can be used