1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 ch connection dvd players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nl1974, Dec 21, 2003.

1. nl1974

nl1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi newbie here,
    can anyone help me as to which dvd players have the 6 ch in/outputs on the back, to connect to my hi fi with 6 ch .
    i have been looking at the pioneer 565 and the 464, but the 464 does'nt have this option , so it looks like i have to pay an extra £90 just for this connection with the 565 , not bothered with dvda/sacd.
    any info would be great
    thanks

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    Your not just paying for the connections but a built in Dolby Digital, DTS decoder aswell !

When you say "to connect to your hifi" do you mean an AV amp or just a stereo hifi system ?

If the later why do you need 6 connections ?

3. nl1974

nl1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My hifi has dolby pro and has the 6ch input in the back so i can use the surround speakers of the hifi without buying a full home cinema speaker kit. Its a Technics seh770
    I was told by a friend that i can connect my hifi to a dvd player via the 6 ch route to save me buying a home cinema kit ie dvd, 5 spks and sub.
    Or is there another way that i can get the right surround sound without the buying the full kit, and save me having loads of spkrs everywhere.
    Hope this all makes sense as i'am abit thick to all this
    :blush:
    thanks again