1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.5 system requirements

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kayak2sg, Jun 1, 2005.

1. kayak2sg

kayak2sg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, can anyone please tell me the minimum system requirements for 'successfully' running premier 6.5 on pc?
    regards,
    2sg.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Taken directly from the Adobe web site (and they should know :D ):

Mark.

3. kayak2sg

kayak2sg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mark,

do you...or anyone else reckon i will be 'allright' with a p4 2.8 400mhz, and 512mb ram?
    can't afford any matrox edit cards, what do you reccomend that would run well with 6.5 and are good value for money....new or 2nd hand?
    also, can get a hold of after effects 6.5, should i bother or is it too much of a mission to grasp!?
    2sg.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well the specs you list are better than the minimum specs stated, so should work with Premiere Pro no problems. As and when funds are available add more RAM to speed things up as with 512Mb rendering etc will be slow.
    As for Matrox cards, well they are useful and do speed things up, but are not required for use with Premiere. Just a bog standard firewire card is all that is required.
    After Effects is only worth getting if you need the extra features it offers. Only you can truely answer that. I would say the chances are that you can do without it for now, and if you find you require it at a later date then buy it then!

Mark.

5. kayak2sg

kayak2sg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks again, mark.
    gave me the answer i was hoping for and also for responding to my thread on capture cards.
    although i have 2x firewire ports, do i still need a capture card?
    kind regards,
    2sg.

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    If the only device you are captureing video from is your DV camcorder then the firewire card is all that is required. If however you want to capture from an analogue camcorder/VCR etc then you will need another capture device.

Mark.