Question 6.5 component speakers for mk2 focus front doors

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by PhillyG, Jul 4, 2015.

1. PhillyG

PhillyG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this has been asked millions of times, but sometimes starting a new thread gets more response. I want to change the speakers in my focus titanium, but for now want to keep the factory fitted Sony unit. Was looking at Polk audio db6501, and a few months ago Amazon was selling them for £130ish but now they've gone up to £220. I could get them cheaper from the USA. And am still tempted to spend £220. Was also looking at clarion srp1723 speakers as the frequency response goes down as low as 35hz so hopefully that means good bass. But I want speakers that are known to fit with ease just using the auto leads adapter mounts. I would've gone for infinity kappas but they're rated at 2ohms whichd mean fitting an amp. And don't want to do that at the mo. I'm fairly sure the Polk audio ones will be the ones as they also have one of the lowest bass frequency responses and quite good sensitivity. Don't want to spend more than that £220, but want something that's obvious you've spent and upgraded the factory speakers and not on cheap ones thanks

2. totters1972

totters1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015