1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.1 Speakers: Mordaunt Short or others

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mhuk05, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Hello,

What are "good" speakers to use for a 6.1 system? Ideally good with music and movies. My room is about 3 x 4m, and no space behind the sofa (plenty of room behind the tv for a sub though!).

Was looking at the MS Premier range, but as there always seem to be loads of MS speakers on Ebay, can I mix & match other MS speakers and get a good sound? ie there's always 902, 903's etc. Other brands, but nothing too big.

Or can I use my JBL Control 5's as the fronts (in fact I have 2 pairs, currently used for music only), or in any other way??

Ideas, links & suggestions greatly appreciated. Budget is max £400 (ish). AV amp is Marantz SR5300.

Thanks. :)

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, have a look for posts by "Tons of fun" as I'm sure he's posted about mixing the premieres with other speakers. You could potentially upgrade the MS Premieres with a meatier centre speaker I think - look for Tons posts about it.

MS speakers are great, I've got MS906 floorstanders along with a 905 and 903 rears - bigger than you're after but they sound gorgeous.

An alternative would be to buy the excellent Canton CD1 package with and extra satellite for 6.1, buy from germany and they're half UK price (<£300) including the sub. Again, try a search but the endless "Canton CD1" thread has all the info you need.

3. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Cheers, will do and thanks for the reply :thumbsup: